Friday, November 24, 2006

And So The Fun Begins

Homemade pumpkin pie for breakfast--life is wonderful.

I narrowly escaped having Thanksgiving dinner at my house again this year. The votes were 4 to 2 in favor of my place, but the 2 votes against came from myself and my father who garners the most important vote of all. If he says he wants to stay home for the holiday then that is precisely what happens. Thanks Dad!

It's not that I don't like having my family over or the responsibility of feeding them, but I hosted last year when all 5 of my siblings and their spouses and children were involved, bringing our grand total to 30 people. We lined-up tables that overflowed into the living room. After dinner those who didn't head into the family room for video and board games were using my hardwood floors as a slip and slide. It was,to put it bluntly, chaotic. I'm still getting over the shock of stumbling upon children who tiptoed into my bedroom to "secretly" jump up and down on my bed.

This year there were only 6 of us--my parents, 2 of my siblings, Jon, and myself. It was a small, quiet, and enjoyable dinner. Great food and good conversation go a long way. The rest of the family turned up for dessert, which was followed by two hysterical games of Apples to Apples, and a game of Cranium to showcase my spectacular charade skills.

Thanksgiving is by far the best holiday.

No comments: