Wednesday, March 7, 2007

The Stangest Thing

A phone conversation with my mom at 7:00 this morning:

"Hello?"

"Katie! I'm sorry to call so early but the strangest thing happened last night. I didn't check our messages until late in the evening or I would have called you sooner."

"What's going on?"

"Melissa called! She left a message saying that she didn't know how to reach you, so she left her number, and asked to have you call her. She said she hasn't talked to you in forever and wondered how you were doing. How weird is that? I mean you just called me, what, two weeks ago, asking if she had called?"

"Very strange indeed. Well, I suppose we did everything together so why not worry about each other at the same time?"

"Yeah. The two of you always had some strange connection. You should call her."

"I will. Thanks for letting me know."

I wrote down the number and hung up. Then I pinched myself to make sure I wasn't dreaming, because really, that's just too weird for me.

More than a mysteriously strong psychological connection between my old friend and I, I believe the very odd and coincidental call came because of my birthday. My birthday has passed and she must have remembered and thought of me. Or perhaps she stumbled across my blog and didn't like me writing about her. Either way, I suppose I will find out when I call her tonight.

No comments: