Monday, February 11, 2008

Please, No Corporate Checks

I came home to some very interesting mail today. It was an invitation to Summit County Fiscal Officer John A. Donofrio's 60th birthday celebration. At first I was all...how in the world did I merit such an invitation? I am no where near posh enough to share cocktails and hors d'oeuvres this man. I mean, we've never actually met, but I feel as though the two of us are old chums because of the amount of time I spend at his website browsing the value of real estate. And just when I let myself begin to feel a little special for being so cool, I noticed in the fine print that it was going to cost me $500 to get in. 500 bucks to watch some guy eat cake and ice cream!

Not only am I not as posh as they believe, I'm also not nearly as rich. I guess they had me confused with someone else.

No comments: