Thursday, January 8, 2009

Hey There 2009

I'm nabbing these next 10 minutes before my husband gets home and logs on to World of Warcraft (can someone say Internet hog?) and before I have to tackle the small mound of work I brought home with me tonight, to finally tell everyone Happy New Year! It's late, obviously, but have you really come to expect anything else from me?

Things are going okay here. The year has gotten off to a rough start but only because I'm trying to log as much overtime at work as I can (a little cushion in the savings never hurt anyone, right?) and I figure why not do it while I'm able to bring the work home rather than remain chained to my desk for an extra 1-2 hours a night. But I'm having a really hard time juggling my priorities while distantly longing for some Me time. I'll make it work somehow, I just don't know how long it's going to take for me to figure it out.

I have so much I want to say, so many little things floating around in my head, that I'm having a really hard time singling out anything. I'm happy. I'm good. I'm still kicking a little higher than I had been as short as 7 months ago.

My weight loss is getting a surprising amount of attention at work this week. So many people stop me in the corridor to express how awesome I look and what a great job I've done, and others are just noticing for the first time, sheepishly asking if I've lost "a little weight". I can't really blame people for noticing just now because truth be told I still have a really hard time seeing it. I just smile, admit that I've lost 45 pounds (for the first time ever I'm not lying on my driver's license!) and tell everyone that I owe it to Nintendo.

Oops! Jon just walked in the door. I guess this took a little longer than I'd planned. Time to get some food and settle in for a few hours of proofing.

Next up: last year's resolution results and this year's new ones.

No comments: