Saturday, April 11, 2009

Free books heal all wounds

Last week we were given the go-ahead to pillage the company library where we store all of our sample books. I for one had been jumping at the chance to snag all of the titles I wanted but most of my co-workers weren't as openly excited as I was. That's why I didn't feel guilty for taking so many books that I had to make half a dozen trips to my car in order to take them all home with me.





I started by focusing on everything we had regarding nutrition and when I was pretty sure I had it all, I moved on to the Printz Award books and other attractive YA literature. By luck I found almost the entire Chronicles of Narnia set, and all of the Series of Unfortunate Events. You can't see it from the photos but I even snatched the I Spy books. They are near and dear to my heart because reading riddles and searching for tiny clothes pins hidden amongst the pages is a favorite past time with my mom.

There are 86 books in all. Some of them were practical choices, and others were spur of the moment Oh. My. God. Free. Books! selections. They've taken up permanent residence on my dining room table.

Should I find enough time in my life to actually read all of them I shall have enough knowledge in my little brain to become a Diet and Fitness Guru, Career Counselor, Financial Advisor, History Buff, Children's Librarian, and a Literary Genius. So, really, I should look at them as required reading, because I'm bound to find my next career in there somewhere.

No comments: