Friday, June 22, 2007

The End In Sight

The baby shower is this Sunday. These last few weeks have gone much smoother than the initial planning. I had to give myself pep talks before embarking on each baby shower duty for a while, but eventually I realized that I am only one person, capable of doing only so much, and surviving only so many yelling matches with my husband over how much stress I am bringing into our home. Eventually I decided that I would do this thing with the little help and little resources that I had and that had to be good enough. I may not be up-to-date on my ridiculously anal to-do list but I was able to have a good time while baking banana bread and while wrapping mini chocolate molds shaped like bottles and rattles in sheets of tulle and tying them with ribbon. It's the little things that make me happy.

No comments: