Monday, November 10, 2008

Another Tree War in the Making

This morning the rooftops had a thin layer of white frost, the last of the leaves had fallen, the birds had finally headed south, and my steering wheel felt like a block of ice. It's like it all happened over night. You'd think I would have hardened myself to cold by now, yet it shocks me every year. Winter is just so gray here.

On the bright side, I'm always most excited about the holidays at the end of October/beginning of November. The first signs of lighted Christmas trees and red and green ornaments make my heart flutter.

I can already feel the need for a fancier Christmas tree churning. That's probably not good news.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Katie! I keep forgetting to leave you a comment here. A couple of months ago I was distressed that your old LJ seemed to have gone dark, and then you pop back up with this lovely new site. Hurrah! And thanks for the link to my site. I'll add a link to yours, as well.

It frosted here last night, too. I almost forgot to bring in my plants!