Saturday, November 8, 2008

Random Thoughts, Part 2

Tuesday night’s election was awesome, inspiring, and renewed my confidence in democracy.

I can see the sky from my backyard again, but I have to stand knee deep in leaves to look at it.

I woke up Friday morning to find this note on the kitchen counter:

lovenote

Hey love, I like your butt too!

Saturday night is the absolute best time to go grocery shopping even if it is humbling to be squeezing and sniffing produce while all your friends are out having dinner.

A man who was neither old nor ugly hit on me the last time I went grocery shopping on a Saturday night, so maybe it’s not so humbling.

2 more months and George Bush will be forced to stop making a complete mockery of the U.S. with his frat boy antics. I cry tears of joy every time I think about it.

I have to give my little sister that gigantic jar of unopened Jif peanut butter shoved in the back of the cupboard.

Do peanut butter cookies taste good when made with all natural peanut butter?

I think I watched Macy die and then come back to life on Thursday morning. One minute she was walking, the next she was dry-heaving and stumbling, and before I could get to her she was on her side with her legs sticking straight out and didn’t appear to be breathing. I’ve never felt so frightened and helpless in my life. Luckily, the moment I touched her she shot right up and climbed into my arms.

I need some new music to listen to, and preferably something new from The Format. Too bad they called it quits back in February.

3 more pounds and I’ll be under 200. October was an absolutely terrible month weight loss wise. Damn you McDonald’s and your evil Monopoly pieces--Ronald should be hanged!

Dear God, it’s not like I have to get pregnant right now, it’s just, you know, a sign that I’ll be able to give birth sometime in the foreseeable future would be fabulous. Love, Kate.

I am 2 hikes away from getting that totally cheap yet rad hiking staff that I could easily make out of a broomstick, but I think it’s going to be too cold to hike tomorrow. I'm bummed, because I really want that hiking staff.

No comments: