Saturday, May 10, 2008

This Week Jon and I:

1. Finished the desk! Maybe someday when I'm not so tired (it's 2:30 in the morning and I can't sleep) I'll post a photo of the piece of furniture we slaved over for 6 months. Okay, maybe we didn't work tirelessly the whole 6 months, but it was hanging over our heads like an anvil the entire time.

2. Bought a new desktop computer despite my desire to disappoint President Bush by using my stimulus check for something other than frivolous spending. It's nothing extravagent, but it doesn't take iTunes 2 months to load, so we're extremely satisfied with our frivolous purchase.

3. Spent an entire day grooming the front yard. This is a great thing, because I was really starting to feel like the trashy house on the block. We may not have a lot of grass to mow, but ivy and rose bushes can be wicked and unforgiving. I've got the scars to prove it.

4. Went to see Iron Man. It was a pretty good movie, but I almost passed out when the guy told us it would be $18 for 2 tickets. That's double the price of our monthly Netflix fee in which we can watch unlimited movies! I say screw the whole Theatrical Experience, next time I wait until it's out on DVD.

5. Attended a party where I learned that tequila is actually a very good friend of mine and I don't remember much after that.

No comments: