Friday, December 19, 2008

Absent Minded

The past 2 weeks have kicked my butt. At any given time you could find me in one of the 4 following places:

1) At work. That's a given.

2) At my dining room table doing more work. Working overtime at home is convenient but I don't think I've ever been in my dining room for 3 hours straight until last night.

3) At Target. I'm the one standing in the middle of the main aisles looking like she's about to cry. Gift shopping has never been this hard for me before, my creative juices have usually kicked in by now. Finding something for anyone has been extremely difficult this year. I don't know if it's me being too picky or that there just isn't the same selection as there has been in years past, but I've bought and returned 3 gifts already (one within 24 hours of buying it and the sales clerk was sure to razz me for it). I've decided I'm waking up extra early tomorrow to head out into the madness and finish this once and for all. I'm just not sure how I'm going to do that.

4) In bed. A girl needs her sleep and right now I feel like I can't get enough of it.

On the bright side, our Christmas tree is finished. I successfully merged my "fancy" tree with his "family" tree and came away with the most beautiful tree I have ever decorated. 

I kept the white lights, added red beads, and hung all of our homemade and keepsake ornaments (yes, even Montgomery Moose), and topped it off with a bow. It's simple, yet somehow elegant.

No comments: